BOOK: INSIDE OUT SHARKS
AUTHOR: DAVID GEORGE GORDON
ILLUSTRATOR: JOSHUA BEACH, DAVIDE BONADONNA, ANDREW HESS AND CHRISTIAN KITZMULLER
PUBLISHER: QUARTO PUBLISHING
AGE RECOMMENDED: 4+
Sharks are the predators of the sea. This book gives us a three-dimensional view of their body. The book talks about their skeletal system, cardiopulmonary system, reproductive system, digestive system, liver, sensory/ nervous system, muscular system, and dermal system. Each internal system is designed to layer-by-layer using a die-cast model, and the children will get the actual view of it. This book gives detailed information about sharks right from their diet to their pups and their whole lifestyle.
Some interesting information about sharks:
1. Shark teeth are replaced 1000 times during their lifetime.
2. Great white shark can live up to 70 years.
3. The disks in a shark’s vertebrae have growth rings? You can tell the age of a shark by counting the rings, just like you can with trees.
4. Female blue sharks can have litters as large as 135 pups
5. Different sharks had different shaped teeth.
6. Sharks have taste buds in their mouth and throat.
7. You won’t find great white in an aquarium. They always die within a few weeks of being captured.
Much more interesting information is found in this cool book. This is a perfect non-fiction book for all shark lovers.
To read more book reviews CLICK HERE