One afternoon when Nathan decided to skip his afternoon nap, I thought to try playdough using chia seeds. Pinterest was flooded with Chia seeds slime and I was not ready to clean the aftermath mess. So I skipped doing slime.
I decided to try playdough without soaking chia seeds. It turned out great.
Things needed to make Chia seeds Playdough,
Chia seeds three-tablespoon
Refined flour 1-2 cup
Corn flour 1/2 cup
Salt a teaspoon
Coconut oil one tablespoon(don’t add more oil, else, it will become sticky)
coloured water as required
- Start adding each ingredient to a bowl and mix them gently.
- Don’t pre-soak the chia seeds. We are using them just like that for this playdough. If you pre-soak it will become slimy and the playdough will be sticky.
- Once the dough starts to form a shape knead them until you get a soft dough.
- You can store this dough in an airtight container and reuse it.
- You can re-create a beautiful ocean play using this dough or make different shapes using cookie cutters.
It was mouldable and we even made footprints and stamp prints on the dough. Nathan bought his scissors and started rolling the dough in thin shapes and was snipping it. A versatile dough and had a beautiful texture. I loved squeezing it with my hands and enjoyed making different shapes along with Nathan.
Try this recipe and let me know if your little one enjoyed playing with it.
To read more sensory play ideas CLICK HERE