Playdough is a versatile thing which you can make using the ingredients from your pantry. They pave way for more imagination and even a one year kid would love to squish them. Nathan loves playdough from quite young, he watches us making dough for chapathi and he wanted to eat them. I wanted to make it taste safe and found an edible playdough recipe. Never get playdough just store them properly and reuse them for weeks together.
- Maida 1cup
- Salt 1tbsp
- Vinegar 2tsp
- Food colour a few drops
- water as required
- Add half a cup of water and let it warm up.
- Slowly add all the ingredients and mix them in low heat.
- Gently mix and turn off the heat, once the dough forms a ball shape and they shouldn’t stick to the sides.
- Transfer to a parchment paper and knead it to make them softer.
- If you find the dough bit dry add some water and if the dough is sticky dust some flour to them. Your playdough is ready to play for young kids, who are still mouthing.
- You can store them in the Ziploc or in an airtight container. If the dough sweats next day dust it with some flour. Good to play once again.
- You can add cookie cutters, rolling pin, cutting board, knife and watch them recreate magical things.
To read more sensory play ideas CLICK HERE