A year back when Nathan just turned 2, we experienced worst summer also there was a severe water shortage and we were finding ways to entertain him. Randomly I ground a pack of old biscuit pack and set up a quick sensory bin and later got to when they are called edible sand. One can use this edible sand for preparing desserts also. This sand is not moldable and they are edible that a year old baby can play with it. Nathan enjoyed this edible sand bin with his favourite construction toys.
To set up this low prep activity, you will need
- Any digestive biscuits or crackers
- Brown sugar (if needed)
- Blender or mixer or mixie
- A big tub
- Toys which your kids can play or moulds
- Break the biscuit into halves and put in the blender and grind them into fine crumbs.
- One can add brown sugar at this stage if needed.
- Transfer them into a big tub or container along with their favourite construction toys.
sit back and sip your coffee now.
This activity is excellent for pouring, scooping and paves way for pretend play. I wouldn’t care the mess made because watching a toddler play is so therapeutic.
What are your kids favourite sensory bin?
To read more sensory play ideas CLICK HERE